Calificación:
  • 0 voto(s) - 0 Media
Odyssey Khartago Poder
Odyssey Khartago

Hola amigos foristas.

Quiero ver si Uds. me pueden orientar.

He comprado un poder Odyssey Khartago para escuchar mi Musica favorita Cds ,Acetatos etc.etc.

Este tiene caracteristicas realmente sorprendentes en el papel o en sus caracteristicas.

Pero al buscar en el WEB mas informacion.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplific ... 83crx.aspx

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... s%26sa%3DG
casi no hay informacion sobre esta amplificador.

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=es ... s%26sa%3DG

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.odysseyaudio.com">http://www.odysseyaudio.com</a><!-- w -->

Donde veia informacion en el WEB esta caido y no puedo entrar.

Como para buscarle un Pre amplificador que le pueda hacer trabajar
sacandole todo lo que pueda dar este poder.

Si alguien tiene uno trabajando experiencia o conoce de como se comportan.
Le agradeceria su opinion y consejo.

Gracias anticipadas.

PD alguien a usado un pre Bryston?

Big Grin
Responder
Buen dia Alejandro,

No habia visto que habias abierto este post por aca. La opcion logica como costo y rendimiento seria el previo Etesian. Esta pareja es parte del sorprendente sistema de USD $1,500.- que Odyssey comercializa en los US junto con las bocinas Epiphony y del que ya hay 2 reviews en la web.

El Etesian es perfecto para determinados tipos de musica como el Jazz, New Age, Clasica, etc. Este previo al ser pasivo, no colorea el sonido que llega del CD, de manera que no hay modificacion de la señal ni ruidos ajenos a la musica. Creeme que puedes pegar el oido al tweeter y no encontraras ni trazos de un molesto hiss.

Mi estimado Mario Gamboa ya escucho la combinacion Khartago - Etesian con bocinas Spendor S3/5 en casa y parece que quedo gratamente sorprendido.

En caso de que escuches musica mas dinamica como el rock, entonces podrias ir por el siguiente escalon de Odyssey, el previo Tempest, solo que el precio de este cacharro ronda los USD $1,300.- en su version basica y USD $1,600.- en su version Extreme.

Si te sirva la info, yo estoy rematando el mio en la siguiente liga:

http://www.supervaca.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=5964

Si te interesa, ponle precio y nos arreglamos.

Un abrazo

Carlos
Responder
Hola,

Aqui te dejo el review de Enjoy the Music:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/e ... yaudio.htm

The Etesian Preamp

The Etesian is a passive preamp. For those of you not familiar with a passive preamp, this type of design uses a transformer to ‘step up' the voltage from your source (your CD player or whatever) that your amplifier sees. One of the advantages (some audiophiles believe) is that you eliminate all of the capacitors, resistors and voltage gain devices (opamps, tubes or transistors) typically associated with an ‘active' preamp. It is believed that these components can color or embellish the sound in some way. In turn with a passive design, the only thing you have left is the pure resistance of the wire and the (unlikely) possibility that the transformer begins to ‘saturate'. Sure, you'll have some inductance and capacitance associated with this type of design but careful engineering of the transformer should place the residual effects of L and C far outside of the audible band.

Getting to the physical aspects of the preamp, Odyssey gives you three sets standard gold plated inputs plus a Home Theatre pass through on the back side of the unit. The volume pot is a nice sounding Alps Blue attenuator. Not sure if you noticed, but those big honkin' knobs on the front of the unit are solid aluminum. The selector switch is extremely easy to move due to the increased diameter of the knob, as is the volume pot. The faceplate is 3/8ths inch thick solid aluminum. The rest if the case is your standard heavy gauge formed sheet metal painted with a black matte finish to help hide fingerprints.

As you can see, Klaus offers something a bit different in his stylings. His super think faceplates come in a variety of different colors. The unit I have here is this cool Red but he also offers the standard brushed aluminum, Blue, Yellow, Green, Black, Purple and others.

When we take a look around the inside of the preamp, the first thing you notice is the PC Board. This is the same board that he uses in opamp based Tempest preamplifier. The PC board is nice and beefy with decently thick traces. The board is stripped of all its active components for use in the Etesian design. The only thing left is a Pi filter to regulate the transformers 15 volt secondary windings which are used to power the switching relays. Klaus has also added a small capacitor (and paralleled diode) used to eliminate the thump you could hear as you switch sources. All of the internal signal wiring is done with the Groneberg cabling. On the underside of the preamp, you'll find nice, Audio Selection Reference rubber feet (from Deutschland) to help absorb some of the structure-borne vibrations in your equipment rack.
Responder
Hola,

Este es el review de Soundstage:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/odyssey_system.htm

Musical Odyssey

As we audiophiles are keenly aware, each of us hears music differently and appreciates the defined aspects of musical reproduction in different ways. We all may believe in absolutes, but it's equally true that we don't admire those absolutes equally. I have articulated my personal musical values in many reviews, but I'll sum them up here by saying that if given the choice, I will choose the sound of tubes to solid-state devices, and I will gladly trade the ultimate sense of resolution for a sweeter and, to my ears, more pleasing sound -- a more musical sort of reproduction, as opposed to one that has sheer revealing of detail as its goal.

Well, the Odyssey Khartago and Etesian are both solid-state products, but coupled with the Epiphony speakers and Groneberg cables, they produce a most musical outcome -- one that's sweet, forgiving and easy on the ears; one that's thoroughly high end even with the decidedly low-end price of the entire system. Initially I played a few piano-laden recordings in order to get a sense of how the Odyssey system would handle a single complex instrument. I was coming from large speakers and very pricey electronics, so I expected a piano that would sound diminutive and lack the power I was used to hearing. Not so -- the Khartago amplifier leans slightly to the warm, full side of the sonic spectrum, which helped the Odyssey system reproduce piano with weightier-than-expected presence and a larger-than-expected image.

While I couldn't hear as deeply into a recording like Marcus Roberts's As Serenity Approaches [Novus 63130-2], I was hearing a very good facsimile of Roberts's solo piano in my listening room -- more of a "they are here" presentation than a "you are there" one. The piano's scale was somewhat reduced, but not nearly as much as I expected. Again, the $1500 system's fullness and weight fleshed out the playing and made for very satisfying listening. The old reviewer's adage "I stopped reviewing and began listening" applied, although it was impossible to forget that I was enjoying an entire system that cost under $2000.

One experiment I was eager to perform was whether the $1500 system had enough resolution to convey the difference between CD and SACD. Even with the little Sony player as a source, SACD's superior transparency was audible. The Odyssey system's fullness did obscure some inner detail on discs such as Duke Ellington's Blues in Orbit [Mobile Fidelity UDCD 757] -- the listening-to-the-master-tape sense was diminished. However, the SACD layer was still a little better than the CD, and when I played this hybrid disc in the Audio Research CD3 Mk II, the Odyssey system easily showed that the ARC player was in another league from the Sony. I suppose you want to know which sounded better -- SACD with the Sony player or CD with the ARC. To my ears, CD playback with CD3 Mk II was superior, and more like what I know SACD's sound to be -- a combination of high-frequency ease and the ability to hear deeply into each recording.
Responder
Gracias Carlos

Estoy buscando informacion sobre el Kartago e impresiones de
Usuarios que tengan uno en uso.

Desempeño , duracion ,garantia etc.etc.

YA que no puedo entrar al Foro de Home Tech
donde tenia informacion que consultar .

Tu sabes que le paso al foro?

Smile
Fotos ,Musica ,Audio y Video
VHS a DVD
http://www.alejandrocamacho.com.mx
Responder
Hola mi estimado Alejandro
La verdad es que yo quedé gratamente sorprendido por esta convinación del poder y pre khartago y etesian, tiene un sonido exquisito que no colorea, es algo muy puro, recomiendo plenamente esta convinación y aprovechar la oprtunidad de Carlitos al vender su pre para su up grade, ojalá y tengas la oprtunidad de escuchar este duo.
Saludos y feliz año, todo lo mejor para ustedes y sus familias.
Mario
Responder
Alejandro escribió:Gracias Carlos

Estoy buscando informacion sobre el Kartago e impresiones de
Usuarios que tengan uno en uso.

Desempeño , duracion ,garantia etc.etc.

YA que no puedo entrar al Foro de Home Tech
donde tenia informacion que consultar .

Tu sabes que le paso al foro?

Smile

Hola Alex,

Algo esta pasando ya que desde que regrese de vacaciones veo muy poca actividad de aquel lado. Yo no tengo ningun problema para accesar al foro, se lo comentare a Eduardo para que investigue que sucede.

De la informacion que pides, bueno, algo esta en los 2 reviews que te inclui. Me percate despues que uno de ellos ya lo habias leido. Estos equipos tienen 20 años de garantia la cual es traspasable al segundo propietario. Es un plus que muy pocas firmas pueden darte.

Saludos

Carlos

Edito,

Alex, intente entrar y tampoco pude. Tuve que teclear http://www.hometechforo.com/phpBB2/ y entre sin problema. La direccion que tenia guardada en mis favoritos era la liga directa de la revista de Hometech que no incluye la www
Responder

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)